About Project Africa:
My name is Leanne Beetham. I am a disabled artist
and photographer who paints using my mouth.
My artworks normally portray the animals and
scenes which I have photographed using
specially adapted equipment. Due to my
disability (Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita),
I am often restricted to photographing captive
and domesticated animals.
I wish to break free of these restrictions in order to
further develop myself as an artist and photographer. In
order to do this I am planning an artistic endeavour known as
the "Fur, Feathers, & Wild Endeavours" project (or "Project Africa"
for short). This will take me to South Africa, where I will finally be able
to photograph and paint truly wild animals. This will allow me to
capture genuine wild behaviours and scenes which are impossible
to see in a captive setting, such as a local park or zoo.
As a result of this project, I hope to hold my own independent
exhibition using the artworks and photographs I have created, whilst also
raising awareness of the abilities of disabled people, and promoting animal conservation. I hope to educate the public by holding talks about my work and the project; this would include live drawing demonstrations and educational presentations about the trip to Africa.
This endeavour has already been turned into a customized photography travel package,
with the help of a specialist travel company (incorporating all specialized equipment
and adaptations I need). Unfortunately, I still face one major hurdle -
I am fundraising in an attempt to reach this once-
TOTAL AMOUNT NEEDED TO REACH AFRICA:
All donations towards this project, no matter how small are greatly appreciated.
If you wish to donate, please click the button above.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Leanne Beetham BSc (Hons).
© Leanne Beetham / Lippy~Art. All Rights Reserved
All Content On This WebPage, including the "Lippy~Art" name, Is Copyright ©. 2008-
Permissions To Reproduce Leanne Beetham's Artworks Are Granted Only To The "Association Of The Mouth & Foot Painting Artists" (AMFPA / MFPA / VDMFK).
No part of this website or associated pages with Lippy~Art / Leanne Beetham (e.g. official Lippy~Art Facebook, Flickr, & Twitter Pages) may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic,
mechanical, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Leanne Beetham.
• To fundraise, enabling myself and 2 Personal Assistants to go to Africa and photograph and create artworks of animals in the wild.
• To educate the general public on the importance of our natural world through practical demonstrations, talks, and exhibitions.
• To educate the general public about the abilities of disabled people, and to disprove
some of today's most common disability-
• To target younger members of the public by doing school demonstrations, exhibitions, practical sessions, and talks.
• To target children, teenagers, and adults with disabilities -
• To demonstrate that having a disability doesn't necessarily mean you are restricted. I will do this by documenting every aspect of the trip; including struggles and how I overcame them.
• To demonstrate that the things we want in life are only impossible if you give up.
• To develop myself (Leanne Beetham) as an Artist & Photographer.
• To meet, network with, and learn from other artists/photographers -