In 2016, I started a project called CONQUERED! Originally inspired by those throughout my life telling me "you can’t do that, it’s impossible for someone with your disability"; this is an ongoing diary-style series of photographs, videos, and writings following my challenges, adventures, and life as a disabled artist, doing all of those things. CONQUERED aims to raise public awareness of disability, confront stereotypes, and show how everyone - no matter what their ability or disability - can enjoy the outdoors, travel off the beaten track, and achieve their goal. The term "disability" should never be confused with "inability"; it’s not that we cannot do things, just that we sometimes need to innovate, take a different approach to "the norm", and do them in a different way.
Commencing 2018, CHALLENGE is a continuation of CONQUERED, but from a slightly different perspective - the CONQUERED project will continue, but this time, I’m also looking for YOUR input. I would like to know what you all want to see. I want to be challenged, but I also want to educate. So, if you’ve always wondered how I do certain things, or simply have a burning question, I want to hear from you. I will do my best to conquer all challenges given, and answer any questions; all I ask in return is a pledge to my project "Fur, Feathers, & Wild Endeavours: Africa". Challenges can be as ridiculous or daring as you like. The aim is to raise awareness and show that having a disability does not mean you are restricted in life.
**All accepted challenges will receive an (optional) unmounted mini art print as thank you for their participation.
1. To send a challenge, click “Submit A Challenge”. I will be in contact via email, and either accept or decline your challenge. Depending
on the difficulty, I may agree to the challenge in return for a more reasonable pledge.
2. Upon witnessing the "evidence" that I have completed the challenge (submitted in the News section as a video &/or photo, depending on
the challenge), you must donate the pledged amount to Project Africa, and where possible, share the post to your social media wall
(Facebook / Twitter / Instagram, etc) with any or all of the following hashtags…
#LippyArt #ChallengeLippy #LippyConquered #LippyFFWE
3. All accepted challenges will receive an (optional) A5 Print as thank you for their participation (mark your preference in the form); this print
will be dispatched once the pledged donation to is received. Prints will be randomly selected unless specified. Image choices are subject
4. Challenges can be anything at all (within reason) - fun, daring, or maybe you're just curious how I do certain things? That said, PLEASE be
respectful, only send serious challenges / questions, and only pledge what you can afford.
5. Please be aware that this challenge is being done to fundraise. Any cost to do these challenges will be coming out of LippyArt's personal
budget; consequently, if your challenge costs me more than £20 to achieve, I will only agree to it if you're willing to pay for it in addition
to your donation pledge.
6. Due to personal restrictions regarding my disability and other commitments, no time limits will be placed upon any of the challenges.
If accepted, they will be done as and when I am able to do them.
7. Sharing this page to your personal Facebook (or other Social Media) wall would be much appreciated.
Let the fun commence!
© Leanne Beetham / Lippy~Art. All Rights Reserved
All Content On This WebPage, including the "Lippy~Art" name, Is Copyright ©. 2008-present. Permissions To Reproduce Leanne Beetham's Artworks Are Granted Only To The "Association Of The Mouth & Foot Painting Artists" (AMFPA / MFPA / VDMFK).
No part of this website or associated pages with Lippy~Art / Leanne Beetham (e.g. official Lippy~Art Facebook, Flickr, & Twitter Pages) may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Leanne Beetham.